Skip to main content

The Rain'll Come Out Tomorrow... Bet Your Bottom Dollar... Tomorrow is Only A Day Away...

So far I've been 29 years old ly a week and thus far, not so bueno!My daddy was in a scary car accident (he's doing well, mainly super shaken up - he drives rigs for a living), then a trip to DL was followed by a REALLY BAD allergic reaction to something, I'll never know... And then missing a day of work (which to most is like yay but when you're recovering and missing a shit load at work--- it never feels like yay) It's only Tuesday but I feel like I've lived a whole month already...

 Though we can't choose what chaos life will throw at us and what challenges we'll face... What we do have control over is how we react... 

And last night after some self-healing my unhealthy way... I woke up this morning relieved...

Because I woke up with an answer, rather than get angry, melancholy, anxious, crazy, bitter, psychotic,depressed (feelings that I am all to familiar with) - This morning, I chose kindness instead.

It set me back a couple bucks for the day but it was worth it! I paid lunch for the lady behind me at the lunch line... My appetite isn't back quite just yet - but I figured why not help out someone I saw counting her last cents.

I didn't originally plan on doing that when I went to buy my water but when the mood of kindness strikes you... ACT ON IT! I truly believe it's God's way of letting us know he's there.

So instead of getting angry at the world right now, I'm choosing KINDNESS (with a hint of laughter- I just need help finding something really funny...)

I figure the world has enough angry and mean people and I don't wanna be one of them anymore....

That is all,

'Til next time,

Toodles,

Lilly Perez



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...