Skip to main content

Fatshion 101: A Day at the Hair Salon

It's that time again... Time for my FATSHION post!

I strongly believe that no matter your size a day at the hair salon, always manages to make you feel prettier.

And today, thanks to the randomness of life I finally got to cut my hair! After over 14 months of delaying a haircut... I finally treated myself to an evening of some self pampering at the hair salon!

And as I sat down at the chair, I couldn't help but beat myself up! Ugh! The hair studio I go to (that I haven't been to, in over 2yrs) has floor length mirrors, so you're literally staring at yourself sitting.

And you must be wondering... ...Aaaaaand, your point is.... Well, sitting down, I feel, it makes me look wider... Like my thunder thighs (which I do love) look more thunderous! And my double chin, that I normally don't have to look at and be in denial of, was staring at me straight in the face.

And I kept on forcing myself to look at the mirror and truly and genuinely like what I was looking at... You know, the ol' motto of practicing what you preach thing... And well, I failed-ish!

I still love my thunder and/or thunderous thighs but I couldn't fall in love with my double chin...
There are more than enough camera angles you can work when taking a picture, but when sitting in front a floor length mirror... Uuhhh, not so much-

I truly admire my fellow fat girls that take absolute and 100% pride in their beauty, who #GlorifyHappiness  but I have failed and I just can't... More power to people who feel beautiful and are comfortable in their own skin! I admire and aspire to be more like that!

Now, I wish I could just build a bridge and get over it but I can't so the next best option is to actually do something about it- And how do you get rid of a double chin- well it's simple, in my instance, my face is the last place to gain weight so I gotta drop 10-15lbs to at least have more than enough angles to work with for, specifically, the wedding and I guess, just for life in general.

Soooooo.... Now! No! Please know that I am not going on a crazy exercise regimen or diet, it'll be just the way the tortoise won the race... Slow and steady... Wish me luck! Because you gotta do for you what makes you feel pretty or er! 

And thanks to my haircut... I feel motivated to finally feel more like me!

FATSHION tip; get a haircut and feel prettier and sometimes discover a new motivation!

That is all,

'Til next time,

Toodles

Lilly Perez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...