Skip to main content

Eat, Drink and Be Married: Call Us Butter Cause We're on a Roll-ish... Vol 1 Issue 8

If I told y'all the date it would kill the purpose of our STDs
I am back! I took an unannounced break... a writing hiatus, I didn't want to write my blog because I HAD to but because I WANT to...

And I finally feel like it... I have time and I am in a much better mood than I was in September- Something about the Super Moon and well, honestly, September, is my least favorite month...

Actually, that's putting it lightly, I hate September! I am not sure why but I think it has something to do with it being the back-to-school month, or it's the month I got my first period, I'm not too sure...

But I digress...

Sooooo since it's finally the first day! Of my favoritest month! I figure I would give y'all the monthly wedding update.

Though... I feel like that's all I did, all of September- Wedding Talk! Like I would hear myself and tell myself to shut up but still wouldn't... Not that I'm anywhere near becoming a bridezilla - I am becoming more bridesessed - a wedding maniac.

The future hubby is another story, he's a bit of a groomzilla, meticulous in details that usually consume my thoughts are now manifesting themselves in him... We've been a bit more snappy and snarky with one another...

So, I ask everyone ahead of time, if the wedding talk slips by in every conversation, every time we see each other OR if I completely avoid wedding talk like the plague... to please forgive me...

I guess it has to do with the fact that our wedding is already six months away! I am proud to say that we've gotten so much done (mainly because PANIC is starting to set in) and after a few revisions we're sending out our STD's! LMAO (Save The Dates)

Since the first day we got engaged, people, left and right, have been asking "When's the Date???" And looking for locations took us a while to initiate but hearing that we needed at least to reserve dates - we PANICKED and started looking and found a location. Thus, we've had our date for a while but due to our bad case of procrastinationsitis, we're finally ready to officially let everyone know.

They will include our wedding website (which I hope to have done before our guests receive them) and btw thanks to folks who got back to us promptly with their addresses;-) 

I, honestly, am just happy to be writing my blog again and getting back to feeling like myself again.

That is all,

Til' next time, 

Toodles

p.s. does anyone else see a recurring theme... PANIC!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...