Skip to main content

Tet Resolutions...My Version of a Do Over for Adults

Deja Vu..I feel like I wrote a post about this 2014 New Years...LOL
In life, sometimes, don't you wish that things could just go back to the way they were... Mainly speaking of recess! When you would be out on the playground and get to call DO OVER! When something didn't go your way...

Sooooo.... One of the many perks of being with my Babo... I get to celebrate New Years twice!

And in other technicality successes, I get another go around, to the excitement I felt at the beginning of January! I looked over my New Year's To do List from my first 2014 Post - and I am proud to say that I have put into action at least three out of the six - And one of them (job) was kinda forced on me! Hehehe... And so happy to be working with the young girls I get to lead and mentor! Session building, deep circles, working with youth and with a PURPOSE (other than just collecting income)... Yes!!!

The issue for January was that life kinda slapped me again, as I predicted - and I have been trying to pick myself up by the boot-straps - So I really haven't put any focus on anything else but our wedding (it's my source of joy until the transformation into Bridezilla commences) - And it's kept me pretty busy and  mellow...

Now for the BIG NEWS as promised... We will be sending out Save The Dates soon!!! A.D.M!!!(Ay Dios Mio) Holy sh*t!!! This is happening - we're getting married!!!! And I couldn't have imagined a better way to end Tet weekend!

My weekend was consumed with a lot of Yum-yum Vietnamese food, firecrackers, and learning why it's super important to have watermelons and tangerines out during celebrations-

Thursday night was the official New Years Eve - and Vinh's cousin,Vi, told us about this 30 day challenge she is working on along with her friends - And I dunno why, but I hear the word challenge and my ears perk up like a chihuahua's ears-

Rather than working on  a new year's resolution... This challenge allows you to come up with something new to do for 30 days and change it up every month...  Sounds pretty cool... Right!!!!!!!!!

I am a month behind - so I will be attempting two new things for February -

And thus far, this is hard and fun... And I think Vi is right, it's much harder to stop a habit than to start something new...

My Ideas for the year... I pilfered some from Vi and what her friends are doing...so I might keep or change 'em...And I still need one more...  I highlighted the ones I'm working on...
  1.  -Only Drink Water: I have a coke problem! but the most difficult will be not having wine (Maybe just for Valentine's Day...)
  2. - Walk 10,000 steps 
  3. - Don't roll my eyes: I need to come up with an alternative cause this is gonna be HELLA hard!
  4. - Dance, dance, dance (not new - but it makes me happy)
  5. - New Lipstick Color everyday!
  6. - Read everyday this is to watch less tv 
  7. - Train patch to learn a new trick
  8. - Vlog for a month  ( James brought this up and I was like, hmmm...)
  9. - Meditate- Lord knows I need this!
  10. - Go outside and enjoy the suns rays for at least a 30mins ( I spend way too much time inside)
  11. - Month Photo Challenge
  12. - ???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...