Skip to main content

We From the Hood and We Do Good

Look up East Side Heroes and Find How You Can Give Back
This past weekend there was a news feed going around on FB and it was about a brawl that went down in East Side San Jose along Story Rd.

Reading about these news reports, in more recent day has become the norm... Almost as consistent as the news reports we were so use to hearing from Oakland.

And I'm not gonna lie to y'all, those Oakland news reports scared the shit outta me... And still do... 

But I have developed an immense amount of "a-ha" feelings because when I saw news reports about the East Side I always thought to myself, that it's not as bad as they depict it in the news.

At least I use to- In more recent weeks the police blogger alerts go off way more often than they use to and with this news report circling FB... I dunno why but it just got more real...

But here is my gripe with the story... Some ignorant self-righteous prick got on there and left a comment that "EastSiders" that love to claim they're "EastSiders" are stupid, ignorant, idiots and their neighborhood remains the same shit because that's just the only shit to do in the East Side!

And that's why he got out of there as soon as he could and never looked back and encouraged the rest of his "family" and "friends" to do the same...

Well self-righteous MoFo, I am a proud "EastSider" and though I understand your attempt of using a pathetic fallacious argument about having "friends" and "family" --- 

Here's a tip... Rather than leaving your neighbor-"hood" behind try helping your community.
I recently did leave-ish the East Side because I am ready to begin my life in a safer area and that's accredited to my fiancé as well...BUT by no means does that mean you completely abandon your roots or insult people's circumstances! 

Those of us that "make it out" NEED to come back and teach the next generation how to do so and they would do the same and then they would do the same and so on and so forth... Creating a cycle of reciprocity and hope for a better future.

That is all, 

Til this Friday for a lovely telling of our engagement story,

Toodles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...