Skip to main content

Hey...I Know You From Somewhere...Oh Sh*t... We're Facebook Friends!

Not at all how I feel... but still hella funny...
I am trying to go to sleep early tonight so I'm gonna keep it short and sweet...

This past week my boo was recognized by an old family friend of mine - she had never met him in person but she still approached him and said hi because she recognized him from my Facebook... (Please note that I wasn't there when she said hi)

Now... I am the kind of person that will walk in the other direction if I recognize someone I know... not because I'm stuck up but because I am and can be awkward as fuck... and I like to avoid the whole small talk scenario...  BUT I will comment and/or like something on your FB because it's from the safety of my computer and/or smart phone...

Also, if you say hi, I am happy to oblige to social norms and exchange small talk...

And I have written about this in the past: I don't have many friends that I hang out with but I do have more than enough friends on Facebook... But how many people can honestly say they really "know" all their Facebook friends...??? 

And I get it, the intention behind Facebook is not necessarily "real" connection but what happens when some folks do see it that way and genuinely take the time to check in on you and say hi in person?

I talked to some of my friends and family about "FB friends" and it so happened that they have had similar situations where, they'll recognize someone but not know from where- And then come to find out they recognize that someone from one of their social media accounts...

The question remains: Do you say hi to "Facebook" friends, do you say hi to FB friends of friends or do we just say hi later on FB? Or not at all... hmm...I dunno... Curious to hear y'all's input...

That is all,

'Til Next Tuesday,

Toodles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...