Skip to main content

Eat, Drink and Be Married Vol 1 Issue 3: My Name is Lilly and I Love Donuts More...More than life itself

Life: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
Life: Mean Spirited...
Me: Mean Spirited, Who?
Life:  Mean Spirited Insecure Jealous Bitch!

And that Bitch that I am referring to, is Me... I have fallen off the wagon- the wagon of self-love! Our venue is officially booked and the next item on the list is our Save the Dates and I am also suppose to officially begin looking for dresses-

The "Looking Fly in my size 8/10 jeans" girl I use to be is back inside my head and having an argument with present "Still looking fly in my size 14 jeans" woman. Size 8 /10 convinced size 14 to hold off on sending the Save the Dates...

Take a wild guess as to why I haven't??? I feel ugly and I feel ugly because I am fat! Now - WAIT... I know that I have said I am more than ok with being fat and that I do love myself and honestly - I do find myself attractive! (Toot your own horn!)

But my self-esteem, recently, is common sense!  (My common sense)

I am quick to point out all of my defects and not only that, but I am allowing other people's opinion of what I should like affect me-

Anyone who truly knows me - Knows that I have never given a flying F**K about what anyone has to say or think about me-

So, someone tell me why in the last week I have been depriving myself of my favorite foods and have been working out?

Because as much as I tell myself that I love me and that I love my fat body - - - When I look at pictures of myself from about 6-7years ago - I look at them and wish that I had maintained that lifestyle of hitting the gym at least four times a week and only eating food that I made for myself -

I am conflicted... Which image of myslef do I want portrayed in our "Save the Dates" and the wedding?

But then I realize that in that lifestyle I only appeared to be "happy" and that in this present day body, I have experienced some of my highest highs of my life and it had nothing to do with my facade-

So tonight, as I write this post, I struggle with a decision: should I have this doughnut that has my name written all over it or do I got to bed feeling proud of myself for not doing what feels so natural to me-


Left 2005 - Right 2014:           And  I still look good....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...