Skip to main content

Fatshion 101: Rocking Dots is a Way of Life

Gun to head... Dots or solids? DOTS! Duh! I am obsessed with dots... When I'm shopping, I have to stop myself about 85% of the time from buying more polk-a-dots.

A closet dreams I have on the daily... A closet arranged by color (current status-ish) and having a rainbow set of polk-a-dots blouses... Awgh...

And in honor of the Rock the Dots QUEEN, Minnie Mouse, I am rocking my dots with my new favorite pantalones!

I've been in love with the look of these pants all my life- I've loved them on every fashion magazine, on every fashion model, and on every stick-figured mannequin.

And every time I would built up the nerve to try them on, I would be super-let-down when they didn't look the same way on me. Thus I've grown extremely resentful for the kinda mind-fucking that happens to my brain through advertising.

But in the last 5 years since finally joining the social media realm... And being introduced to IG... My perspective and the mind-fuckery of TV, magazines and ads have almost, entirely dissipated.


There are so many excellent IG accounts to follow that show real women with bodies like mine, such as @thesmilingsweetheart I found her account, thanks to other body-posi accounts I follow, on our October Disneyland trip, ...

When I saw her post of her wearing these pants- I just about fainted and I needed to know where I could find them and God bless her, she responded within a day, along with the size she was wearing... And voila - I pulled out my card and purchased them immediately!

The pants are from HM*, they were on sale and when they arrived - they fit perfectly (to my surprise... because I thought they were gonna fit loose - I got size 18 - and I took a long look in the mirror and simply admired their perfection before I let the thought of them being a size or two bigger than my regular size ruin how much I loved them.


These pants have been my favoritest purchase from the last few months. They're casual, they're office friendly (with tights - they're a bit see through), and quite va-va-voom for date night.


It all depends on how you style and accessorize. For instance, in the photo above I tucked out the blouse for what I felt, would be a little more office friendly. (Subtle difference from other photos ;-)

And I just can't wait to rock 'em over the spring and summer! And the rest of my life!

For today's blogpost, I am also celebrating Minnie's walk of fame commemoration by pairing the pants with one my favorite polka-dot tops purchased at Zara circa 2016. #HappyNationalPolkadotsDay


Black, red and white! And Dots! That's all you need to pull-off a clean look.

My thoughts- Maybe I cut too much
I added pops of red to honor Minnie, with a red necklace I've had for over 10years! And a pair of red pumps and red lips (That I never thought I would wear either! Can't wear red lipstick with fat-ass lips - they use to say #SideEye)

Sadly, adulting prevented us from enjoying all the dot-festivities in socal- sooooo- next best thing was to DisneyBound from afar.

Minnie Mouse is a classic-fashion staple so congratulations girl, it was about damn time you got your star!

That is all,

'Til next time,

Toodles!

Lilly Perez-Ngo

 (*I know HM is currently considered the devil of all stores BUT it's fucking hard to be a 100% clean consumer...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...