Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Came Early This Year...

I am currently losing a fight with myself and I feel like I have been emotionally beaten by others and myself... 

So today's post is short and sweet...

In the meantime I am doing some self-healing by reading, drinking, eating and WRITING! and by the grace of God, a coworker invited me to join a challenge of 5 Days of Gratitude... 

A reminder that even when I am mad at the world and myself - I have so much to be thankful for... 

So today was Day 1 and it was all thanks to a pretty awesome morning when I got 3 1/2hrs to myself...

If you remind yourself how blessed you are, it has a different impact on the rest of your day... And because of this I am also reminded that I need to attend church again- I haven't been able to in a really long time! I miss having time to decompress and reflect...

I am in a dark room, I know where the light switch but for some reason I choose to stay in the dark... In order to be in the light and out of the dark- I have to let God carry me for a while...

Alrighty- That is all,

Til next Tuesday
(Hopefully by then this gloomy cloud has dissipated)

My trip to Disneyland couldn't have come at a better time!

Toodles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...