Skip to main content

Fatshion 101: A Love Affair with My Red-Collared Dress... Vol 1 Issue 1

I LOVE a collared dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been promising a post of body positivity fatshion, along with a post of my favorite dress... And that I would be writing about highlighting my many awesome attributes at least once a month...

And for no reason at all I have decided the 3rd post of the month... Wish me luck...

Anywho, without further ado.. Here is one of my favorite dresses!

Whenever I need a go to outfit... this dress, right-here, right-heerre... Is the one!

It's long enough (cause if their short-ish,my butt tend to lift too much from the back= No Bueno) it's button up, it's red, it's collared,

BUT  The top three reasons why I love this dress... #1 most important...it's VERSATILE!

I have provided examples...I can wear for daytime, date-night, and work! All with the change of jackets and shoes... And hair & makeup...(Not shown because I honestly didn't have the time to do either) But did you notice me sporting my lovely new purse!  Philip Lim inspired and at the more affordable Aldo price...

I am a fat girl that struggles, everyday, to forget what mean people have to say about being fat... so every once in a while their words will make me feel self-conscious... So to all my fat self-conscious lady/gentlemen friends... a structured jacket/blazer goes a long way!

Side note: Great places for structured jackets/blazers... H&M and Target... I have the best luck there and #2  most important detail... AFFORDABLE!

#3 Most important detail... I feel CONFIDENT! Mainly because I am comfortable, I am not sucking it in (Now, now, now... whoa... yeah every once in a while people suck it in... MIND=BLOWN) I am not pulling or adjusting anything... And my confidence radiates through the dress...Here's the process, because I feel confident folks take notice and send compliments my way... After all Confidence is the most important accessory, without it you're just a walking clothes hanger...

With that said next Body Positivity Fatshion... next 3rd post of the month... perhaps 4th of July outfit... which just might be this dress again... lol...

'Til Next Tuesday,

Toodles


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...