Skip to main content

Eat, Drink and Be Married...if only it were that easy… Vol 1 Issue 1

FYI- some house keeping notes: I am having to write this blog via my phone...Ugh!!! Unreliable technology!!! (apologies now for any shorthanded stuff just extremely annoying having to do this over the phone)

I know- I know- For a girl who claims to hate all things technology, I am definitely on this way too much than I claim to hate...

And a toot-toot over 1,000 views- I would be lying if I didn't let y'all know how psyched I am to know that y'all are out there reading it, big or small audience, I'm just glad that I'm not totally alone with my thoughts... all the time... Before they're offended, I should clarify, my thoughts are not bad company-

In my last post, I mentioned having a dark cloud looming over my head and I'm sure that it was a combination of many things- And just when I thought the cloud was gonna get darker, right before heading to our first scouting expedition, I read a post from @theblogess, (as if by divine intervention)
Ok. Now with the topic at hand; If y'all weren't aware, I am engaged and have been for a little over five months...


So I took @theblogess' advice and I did what felt right... I danced to some of my favorite songs! Music, dance, and laughter are truly some of God's best gifts to human kind!***
I really wanted to feel a little less lugubrious since this past weekend we were starting our search for the wedding venue! As ur suppose to do according to "Martha Stewart Ultimate Planner Wedding" magazine... 10-12 months ahead!

(Very good advice, as it turns out, some of the dates we were looking at were already booked and/or on hold)

So we took our official first venue-scouting adventure! The experience was SUR-Real!!! Like, the fiancé kept on pinching my butt just to make sure I wasn't dreaming! (And looking back it now I'm pretty sure it was more self-serving on his part... hmm...perv...) 

The venue is beautiful! I really don't have any other words!And again I should be playing it cool (but let's face it kids I have never been cool, I am not cool and never will be cool) 

But really, I do not want to jinx myself or oversell it or hype it up too much! But I guess, all that matters, is that the venue felt good-  I don't know what other way to explain it... IT FELT GOOD! As soon as we had left - I wanted to go back- 

We gave our wish list of wedding dates so we will see- we are holding our breath-  Vinh also wants to check out at least two more spaces just to be sure ( The ever so Libra not making executive decisions)
1/29/2014 Update: WE GOT THE DATE WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!
Now for future blogs - I figured out a way to hold myself accountable if at least for once a month... I also figured that the next few months this wedding will be consuming most of my thoughts so I might as well keep a track of my thoughts once a month...

According to everyone (Insensitive pricks) I'm destined to be a Bridezilla... But I honestly don't think I am and if folks keep on saying it... Its gonna be like one of those self-fulfilling prophecies...so hopefully my blog will keep from becoming one or cement the fact that I could be one... It's a gamble I'm willing to take for the sake of entertaining y'all...

Sooo... every first of the month  (fingers crossed) to commemorate our engagement date (August 1, 2013) I will be updating y'all with our progress... This will also give me an excuse to drop the topic of our wedding into every conversation per advice from my lovely orchid- (But folks have already been dropping it themselves and I'm glad that we have finally started the process so thanks for the persistent questioning #familymeeting)

***Gonna start every morning this work week with meditation and music that I love and y'all can Check out on

my Shenanigans on Instagram...

PS. Doing this on my phone has felt like the bloodiest-longest text message I have ever written in my life! Hopefully blogger is up soon and running so that I may feature pic as well- 

PPS:  "life has slapped me once again" update next week once I have been able to process it all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...