Skip to main content

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...LOVE Disneyland! Part 2

The 3rd bear to hold my heart! #1 My Teddy #2 Corduroy bear
When spending a lovely Tuesday night, with your husband, watching movies and bad reality TV and you're inspired to write!

My name is Lilly and I am addicted to reality TV, more specifically, all of Bravo's Real Housewives-ish (Was never a big fan of the DC housewives, mind you, they only had one season)

But to the point... Why is Pooh Bear to the left of this blog?

Well, because about four days ago we spent #24HoursAtDisneyland...

Yes! You read that correctly, if you don't follow me on IG, shame on you, SMH, but you would know that we spent 24 hours at Disneyland!

We were there to kick off the Diamond Celebration #Disney60 - The park has been an American staple for 60 years!

My first visit to the park I was still small enough to fit in a stroller, I think I might have been 3 years-old circa 1988 and my great, great grandmother, mi abuelita Juana, was there! Along with my grandmas, my parents, my aunts and uncles, and my cousins!

And like I said in a previous blog, back in June 2014, I am already planning my next visit... Back then I provided y'all with a list of 10 reasons I love Disneyland!

And reason #9 strikes my chords the strongest... here it is to refresh your memory:

9. Not to get all Lugubrious Lilly, but I grew up really fast... Being first born and first generation carries a lot of responsibility... And I'm not complaining; I'm thankful of my life's experiences but there was a lot of growing up to do, real fast. Now, as an adult I am fortunate enough to be able to afford things for myself that genuinely make me happy and Disneyland is one of those places where I can walk around wearing Mickey ears and feel like a kid again... I get to recapture an innocence that was once lost...Tear...

And this is where I tie the intro of this blog and it's post title... Prepare to have your mind blown... At the beginning of tonight's RHONY episode, Bethanny has to accept that the extreme circumstances of her childhood did have an impact on her feelings toward the world. I've heard over and over that life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of what you choose to do about it...

Bethanny states, innocence is precious and once you lose it... "that shit's kinda sad" Sooooo.... Unlike Bethanny, I don't have the kind of money to afford an A-list therapist, the therapy I attend is mainly to learn to live with my anxiety and depression but that sh-stuff can only help so much!

Sooooo... Stay with me, we're coming full circle, I promise!

The new #PaintTheNightParade, <--- Follow the link and join me on my journey back to my innocence... I lost it in the first ten seconds when I heard the classic song of the electrical parade and it took me back when my dad was still able to carry me on his shoulders so I can get a better view of all the floats! When I saw Lumiere, I just about lost my marbles and to finally see Belle be the featured Princess... awwwwwghhh-mazing!

 #DisneylandForever fireworks <--- Follow the link and let me know when you got that lump in your throat because my heart just flutters every time I hear this song at 3:32 and 10:33...  Cause sometimes you just gotta see the light and let it go...And damn well at 12:45, I just about peed my pants, that classic Disney song just gets to me!

And last but certainly not least, the new World of Color: Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney... <--- Follow the link, starting at 9:20 the scenes that just TUG at my heart strings, when Andy has to say goodbye to his toys, Cinderella's transformation, to Boo saying goodbye to Sully, to Dumbo in his momma's arms(trunk), and the lanterns oh the lanterns! Jump to 17:10 and well, that damn Forever Young song sealed my Disneyland Forever fate! I'm not trying to stay young, I'm simply rebuilding my innocence! At Disneyland, I am home! And we've come full circle! wink-wink...

Disneyland, especially their shows, just make me feel like a kid all over again! The kid at 7 years-old that believed in unicorns, Lisa Frank stickers, that believed the world was full of only good people, it's an overwhelming sensation that naturally brings me to tears!

So yeah! Damn skippy I cried! My husband and his sister giggled but the child inside of me laughed because they simply don't get it and that's okay...

'Til next time,

Toodles,

Lilly Perez-Ngo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...