Skip to main content

I slapped Life in the face and Life slapped me back...Ergo this Blog...


Hello World!

Or in other words the few family members and/or friends that have added me on their Facebook or Google+...

I have been talking about starting this blog for over  10 months... yes I have a procrastinating  issue - a major one (please see attached picture[after reading]: one of my favorite things to do; chipping off my nail polish and convincing myself that it needs to get done before I actually do what needs to get done)

Anyways, as I was saying, I want to further explain  why I started this blog - well one of many... One of which, you can say, I have been on a soap-box most of my life (self appointed) - thinking that I have the answers to life as if I were some kinda modern day Socrates cause I read a couple handful of books about life, religion, faith, the road to happiness and blah blah blah blah blah (I wasn't sure how many blahs were appropriate so I had to say it out loud - try it out - I promise it needed 5 blahs)

So being "Ms. Knowing It All" for the majority of my life (I still am; It's work in progress; I promise)  Imagine my surprise when life slapped me with a reality check... I didn't have shit figured out and I'm happy (happiness: overrated: I'll explain that in another post) to say that I still don't!

I had always promised myself that I would have a career and not a job - so yes, two years ago at this time I was in San Diego (shout out to the traitors: cough-cough Davis family +Jess Davis-Salazar  and their honorary Davis member [+irlanea Luna ] which we are holding hostage til she's done with grad school, who holds me accountable to my words) So, where was I, oh yeah, enjoying a 3 day conference/retreat with the ocean as my view,  I had what I thought was my dream career - working with Youth and making a difference in my community - woohoo yay me! toot-toot! I got comfortable and thought I was set... and then 6months later BOOM! I lose my dream career cause grant go bye-bye!

Needless to say I was beyond devastated! ('needless to say' and I still said it hmm I promise not intended to be an oxymoron) I questioned my WHOLE life - I already had a shit load of baggage before that and then that was just the fucking cherry on top...So I spent a whole year unemployed figuring out what the hell to do - I was blessed with other offers from other employers- but I was just too bitter and upset to go back into "Changing the World"  (ugh! How self-righteous right..- But don't get it twisted love... I still believed in changing the world just not in my willingness to do so)

I went to a very dark-dark-dark place btw did I mention it was dark.Thankfully I had a great support system consisting of family and friends ( and just FYI when I say friends I'm really referring to 3-5ppl; I'll also explain that in another post)  One of those friends, Deedee or Wendy, depends who you ask (shout out to ilovewendysworld.com) recommended a book while at one of our happy hour venting sessions - I cant remember the context of it but we were both cracking up,so much that I teared up from laughing so hard and I was so thankful because I hadn't laughed that intensely in a long time.

And then she told me about a book "Let's pretend this never happened" I bought it! I read it! I loved it! I then met the author , Jennifer Lawson, The Blogess, and she was fucking awesome, the woman is soooo funny and genuine! And I cried as if I were a Belieber... Meeting the Beebs...  Since then I have been saying I would start this blog... Thank you my love for encouraging me to do this and being the catalyst to me finally entering the 21st Century(I finally got a smartphone)... so behold my blog... This is Me...Kinda... Ish... cause I'm bound to be slapped by life, a couple of more times... Here's a hopin'...

Procrastination at its best or worst...sidenote...I kinda like the bloody effect I unintentionally created; Happy Early Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FML... I Totally Forgot it was Monnday Today...

I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day weekend. Mine was jam packed with major accomplishments and lots of love! So much so, that I forgot today was Monday and that I needed to write my blog... And for consistency sake, I am writing to let y'all know to come back June 1st for a Wedding Update...   And that I am thinking about adding some kinda fat girl's guide to feeling and looking good, at least once a month... Every 1st,2nd or 3rd post... I want to try out this challenge I found on Instagram from the Aussie Perth Curvettes! Check 'em out I love theirr Instagram and their blogs! I'm not becoming a fashion/style blog by any stretch of the imagination... BUT I do enjoy looking good and feeling good about myself. And I haven't lately and that is a major part of my anxiety these days. I have been beating myself up and I want to make sure that at least once a month I highlight my many positive attributes! I am also in the middle of planning another trip...

Fatshion 101: Lilly is Nucking Futs and...

Biscuit Home in Houston, Texas If you didn't already know (shame-on you because I've written about some of my mental-health struggles) about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder; To put it in layman's terms I am a constant worrier and trust me, I am putting it lightly. My anxiety monster makes its appearance when money, family, and an overwhelming sense of responsibility overcome any "logical" way of thinking and as much as I love traveling,  my anxiety flares up the most during travel. About 10 years-ago, we went to Nicaragua for New Years and I became overwhelmed, manic, with a sense of an impending death, I purchased life insurance, left letters for loved ones and notes about funeral arrangements. Obviously, I didn't die not unless I did... And this is an alternate universe.. Whoa! That's be trippy... Any who, when our trip was over, I was happy to be home and secluded myself until school started. I sought to reclus...

Fatshion 101: Learning to Live with Intent and Balance

Note: I started writing this blog in March while on our way Home to the Happiest Place on Earth ---days before resigning from my job of six years... I’ve always enjoyed my time sitting at a desk looking out a window… Which is probably why as I sit thousands of feet above the sky I am inspired to pull out my laptop (That I’ve packed to finish work emails – on my day off)  but  as I type those words- I’ve chosen to f*ck that sh*t – I am going to use my laptop to blog! I am a little  conflicted on where to start –  I’ve had these thoughts, these words, this blog on my mind for a long time… (Clears throat: it has been well over a year since my last blogpost) I haven’t written for fun in ages and I know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t have taken such a long break from journaling/blogging (Friendly FYI – I maintain a handwritten journal in addition to my blog) But even before the summer 2019 I stopped all forms of journaling completely – I insta-s...